The Riot Zombie is a special zombie for Dread, it has 250 HP, has a baton in their right hand being able to deal high damage to a survivor, and has a shield to deflect bullets. With a tradeoff of a slow 10 walkspeed, but being able to run at 22 walkspeed (a non-sprinting survivor) for a short amount of time. They also have armor that prevents half the damage from bullets when shot in the head or torso. The shield has a health of around 350, if you deal 350 damage to the shield then you can shoot them through the shield.
- Attack (Left Mouse Click): The Riot Zombie swings their baton. Upon hitting a survivor, it deals high damage. (20 DMG)
- Charge(Left Shift): The Riot Zombie Sprints with walkspeed similar to sprinting survivor
- You CANNOT headshot this zombie, so don't try.
- Try to shoot him while he is jumping.
- Tactics may change depending on the weapon you are using.
- If a Riot Zombie has their shield out but is not walking towards you but instead another survivor. Try to get behind & use your weapon to deal damage.
- Aim for the legs or any part that is not covered by armor to damage him.
- The best way to kill them is by shooting from behind or from the side while they're not facing you.
- Try shooting the Riot Zombie's Hand where he holds the baton instead of going behind him too much.
- Try shooting him while climbing/jumping as the Riot Zombie puts the shield away while doing so.
- You can get rid of the Riot Zombie's shield, then easily kill him, there are weapons good for this job
- Try to use yourself as a distraction by using your shield to protect yourself while slowly walking towards the enemy while your fellow zombies are attempting to rush in for the kill.
- If the survivor is killing your fellow zombies, try to rush in with the baton & try to hit the survivor, potentially killing them.
- This zombie can jump but with a slower speed compared to the other zombies.
- There is a zombie with similar abilities known as the Juggernaut.
- It is only in the Juggernaut gamemode.
- In Crystal Cavern map, if you look through the shield's glass, you might see something strange.
- Seeing as the Riot Zombie can hold weapons and even use a shield, this may prove it is not dead, but rather infected.